Tuesday, March 10, 2009






The grizzle bear.


Or rather "grizzly" as most people call it. MY painting shows him as grizzle.


To me it's color and atmosphere....monstrous, but beautiful.


I suspect that they would be a loving gentle motherly type when surrounded by cubs...but stick a human in their presence and they can be the meanest, most protective beast out there.


Today I found myself volunteering at my daughter's school amongst a sea of mothers some of whom were very protective of their children. I just sat cutting and piecing backdrops and costumes and listened intently as they boasted of who did this and who did that.


In my head I was so quick to brag of my own talents...but didn't say a word. I just produced some amazing drawings and cardboard sculptures that put a few others to shame. One lady asked why I didn't head up the committee myself.


Not really interested actually. I have been the boss, the one in charge for so long....I have tried for many years to steal the glory of others...but have learned to keep my mouth shut.


I think the biggest thing I have learned in this last year is to keep my mouth shut...a lot of people don't want to hear what we sometimes want to say about ourselves.


We need to realize that we have two ears and only one mouth. We need to listen twice as much as we talk.


We need to realize that our bragging becomes quite grizzly....and our teeth show and our hair fluffs out and people run away.


Sometimes. we just need to be the quiet loving mother...


And shut of the grizzly.